I have read the Christmas story a thousand times.  Every year, as I sat at the midnight Christmas Eve service, the story would resonate through the brick building and in and out of my ears.  I can tell it back to anyone that will listen with little hesitation.  Tonight, I was reading over it again because I love the story of obedience and loyalty to God.
While I was reading, I had a thought that had never come across my mind.  What an incredible man Joseph was.  I can't imagine what he would be thinking as Mary told him that she was pregnant.   Can you imagine how that conversation had gone?
 Mary:  Uh... Joseph?  Yeah, umm... I am pregnant but still a virgin.
Joseph:  And how does that work exactly??
Joseph was so faithful to God and his plan that he married a woman that he could have sworn off.  She would have been shunned in the community and her reputation would have been ruined.  Joseph however, believed in the Lords plan and honored his commitment to Mary.  

Everyone talks about how I need to wait for my "Boaz"  but this evening has made me think that maybe I should wait for my Joseph.  
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

About