This is probably the most random post I have ever written, but I have had a very quick and busy two weeks.
   Friday was the last day of school.  My kids were hyped up on sugar and had a million times the amount of energy they usually do.  Needless to say, I was glad when 2:05 came around and they all went home.  I am sure I had 19 mommas cursing me for the amount of sugar that I allowed them to eat!  We really had a good time during the day and they were sad to leave me for two weeks.  I, however, am super excited to have the 2 weeks off to recuperate and hit the ground running Jan 3.
   Friday evening, my brothers and their families came down from their homes and graced me with their presence.  It was a short visit, but it was fun!  It was nice to be able to show them the apartment and have some "sibling" time.  On Saturday, the Martin's all descended on the uncle's house in Rosharon, Tx.  Not everyone was able to come but the three newest Martin's did get to meet and it was nice to see my cousins.  We always do a gift game and I came out with a pretty good gift!  My cousin Lindsey, sells Scentsy so I got a warmer and 3 bars of scents.  I can't wait to make my house smell good :)  I was planning on buying one anyways, so I was glad that I ended up with it!
   After the party, Russell, Meagan, Eli and I packed up and left to come up to Texarkana.  Since I have a break, I decided to come up with them before Christmas.  Keith and Sarah stayed behind with my pup and will be coming up tomorrow, and the parental units will be here on Thursday.  The trip was long, but I slept a lot of the way and have been able to relax and enjoy my "vacation"  I will come back the 26th, and am looking forward to working on my apartment a little bit.
   I have been able to spend some one on one time with the adorable Mr. Eli, and I am very grateful for that.  I love his hair and his smile.  He lights up the room whenever people see him.  The best moment was when Keith got to hold him for the first time.  Eli was taken with Keith and Sarah, both!  :)
I have enjoyed hours of TV, reading books, surfing the internet, going shopping and SLEEPING!  I came up to Texarkana not to get sympathy, but to leave my reality for a little bit.

I love my reality, I really do... but like all things, you need a break sometimes.

Tomorrow, Keith and Sarah will be here and my life will be a fairy-tale, seeing that I like nothing more than to be with all of my siblings at the same time :)
 


0 comments:

About