Power UP!

11:29 PM | 0 Comments

Today was the 4th day of VBS.  I have had so much fun while teaching second grade boys.  I cant explain the feelings that I go through.  From anxiety at the beginning of the day to anticipation, frustration, pride, exhaustion, back to pride, joy, and mostly love.  Well, maybe I can explain it!  VBS at Second Baptist is not your old school  VBS.  There is a play for the biblical lesson and a full fledged 30 minute musical-type dealing with superheroes and posers.  There are lights, music, dancing, and lots of corny jokes!  It is a great time and engages the students in the lessons of the day.  This year, we studied to look at what we think, what we say, what we choose, what we do, and where we are going.

I was very nervous to do VBS at Second just because I had not really taught a class like this, I usually do the music.  I took it on, and looked at it as an opportunity to not only teach kids about GOD, but to get just one more week of "practice" in for teaching.  After a rough start with not knowing who my help would be, I got my mom to come up and be my "co-teacher".  It was nice to work with her again.

The week went smoothly with nothing too big happening.  All in all it was a great week!

0 comments:

About