Good Peeps!

12:39 AM | 0 Comments

I had dinner with the parental unit tonight. They brought over chicken and sides, which I knew about. What I didn't know about was the lovely bag of groceries that they had with them! There was bread, apples, oranges, yogurt, and deli meat. I was so grateful since I have been really been just scraping by the last few months. With 2 practicums this semester, I was using a tank of gas a week. I thought I should just give my checks straight to Shell and Exxon.

All this to say... I am so blessed to have two parents that will do just about anything to see their kids succeed. I have been loved and encouraged my whole life by a God-fearing couple. I have learned what means to stick it through the hard times and to relish in the good times by watching them. I have seen examples of hard work and know that you don't take the things you have for granted because one day, that could be all gone. I have learned that you pick up and start over when life knocks you down. Most importantly, I have learned that when you think you have nothing else, you always have God and your family.

There are not any words or actions that could ever describe the love and respect I have for my mom and dad. I can't wait for them to show my brother's and my kids the same love and devotion that they gave to us while we were growing up.

Love you, Mom and Dad!!

0 comments:

About